Topographical Maps (ICSE Class 10 Geography)
Topography is the study of the shape and features of land surfaces.
In ICSE Class 10 Geography, every year the Topographical Map Questions comes from either 45 D/7 or 45 D/10 map extracts. 45 D/7 Map is of Gujarat and 45 D/10 Map is of Rajasthan. You can download the Map from Survey of India website.
Learn how to solve Topographical Maps for the ICSE Class 10 Board Exams.
Watch these videos for the explanation of topography from the very basics.
- What is Scale andR.F. in a Topographical Map ?
- How to find 4 figure grid reference in a Topographical Map ?
- How to find 6 figure grid reference in a Topographical Map ?
- How to calculate distance, direct & indirect distances ?
- How to find directions on a Topographical Map ?
- Types of rivers, Perennial and Seasonal ?
- How to find Direction of flow of River, left and right bank ?
- Types of Drainage and Settlement patterns ?
- How to calculate Area on Topographical Map ?
- What are Contour lines, Contour Interval and Relief features ?
- How to identify various types of Relief Features ?
- How to find Occupation of People living in a region in a Topographical Map ?
- Natural and Man made features in a Topographical Map ?
- How to interpret Climate and Rainfall of a region in a Topographical Map ?
- Some Important Symbols in a Toposheet ?
- How to find bearing in a Topographical Map ?